2008年11月7日 星期五

Sherry's note round one‏

1.提到
When it comes to+N/Ving
Ex:When it comes to movie, Jay knows a lot.

2.enjoy/spend/keep/practice/avoid+Ving
Ex:I enjoy watching Jolin's performances very much.
Ex:Alice spent three thousand dollars buying the movie tickets.
EX:Keep working hard, then you'll succeed.
Ex:Johanne used to practice playing the piano when she was a child.

3.it take/cost time/$
Ex:It tookme at least one hour to finish my assignment.
Ex:It cost Alex five hundred dollars to take the French class.

4.人 be busy+Ving
Ex:My mom is busy doing the housework

5.人 have difficulty/troubles/a hard time(in)+Ving
Ex:We had difficulty finding our way home when we were caught in the thick fog.
Ex:Sarah has troubles solvingthe math problem.
Ex:I had a hard time getting along with my classmates when I was little.

6.feel like=want to+Ving
Ex:I feel like going shopping with my friends.

7.be worth+Ving=be worthy of+being p.p.
Ex:The book is worth reading.=The book is worthy of being read.

8.look at/stare at/gaze at/glance at
Ex:Emma looked at me in disbelief when she saw me cheating on the exam.
Ex:I stared at the boy who didn't pay the bill in the convenience store
Ex:Steven gazed at the girl he liked,with his month watering.
Ex:He glanced at the boy who had broken the window.

9.look up(查閱,往上看)
Ex:If you don't know the meaning of the words,please look them up in the dictionary.
Ex:Jonn looked up the top floorwhen he heard some strange noise.

10.look for(尋找)
Ex:The mother is looking for her missing child anxiously .

沒有留言: